[ssh_x509] Public Key Authentication

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info
Thu Dec 6 09:16:53 EET 2012

Hi Roumen, thank you for that information,
First answer is that multiple requred authentification is fine, but we want to stop using password, just cerfificate from our smart card witch we use it to logon to windows 7 machines. That certificate( public keys) works well for authentification onto ssh server. I agree to you that superuser always can impersonate other user but we audit this action and alert it. We don't audit direct logon and changing in any way of authorized_keys. If we do this will be maybe to late, user will directly login as somebody else.

So our x509  certificate contains principal naime with contain our uid at domain. We can add just uid attribute witch contains username, you just need to be abble to read this and match it to username we provide when we i initiate ssh login.

Kind regards,

Goran.